[mdlug] OT: single resistor source?

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 15:49:02 EST 2009

David Lane wrote:
> And I'm not going back this christmas.   I was going to bring back wine and Eletronics.
>
> I have to say that if you dont need resisters, capaciters or inductors Microcenter has very good prices.
>
> All of the stuff from my last build was from Microcenter.
>
> I was hoping I could find out from them where I could recycle my old monitors.  Yes in Calif you bet 8.00 for a monitor and an old computer.  But of course when you buy one you pay the 8.00 up front.

US Computer Exchange.
http://www.usce.org/catalog/index.php

I don't know what they'll give you.

I don't buy consumer items from them... they seem somewhat
overpriced for used laptops and desktops that they get from
business tech refreshes.  On the other hand, if you need
a power supply for a 10+ -year old HP fiber-optic hard disk
unit that HP won't cover under your umbrella site agreement
any more, then USCE is the way to go -- i got that for less
than HP wanted for ONE time&materials call, and something
like that would have required two calls (1 to diagnose,
a 2nd to bring the hardware and install it).