[mdlug] Router is giving up on routing let alone working

Duane Brown dobwan at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 3 20:16:01 EST 2009

I've had Linksys Cable/DSL routers, switches, and hubs over the years.
AND replaced them a few times.

That said, It's always be due to my own messing around. Hung by a screw
in the rafter which allowed one of the units to impact a concrete
surface. Another just quit working and replacing a many year old item
was easier than trying to diagnose it. And my most recent was because I
wanted to consolidate a wired hub, a wireless access point and cable/DSL
Router in one unit.

my point, if it's more than 2 years old just replace it. The next time I
need to replace one it will be with a gigabit + wap + router possibly
one that can run the tomato (I think that's it) or dd-wrt router firmware.

my 2 cents (well actually a bit more) worth of soapbox

Duane