[mdlug] Router is giving up on routing let alone working

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Tue Nov 3 12:29:17 EST 2009

I have a Linksys Wi-Fi router that has served me well for about... 4 years
or so and now, it's giving up the ghost.

I had to reboot it a few times last night in order to make any networking
function last night. For the last few weeks, I have been receiving some
extremely high latency, which I had been attributing to the Cable Internet.
Now, I'm thinking it was the router.

So, any suggestions of good, quality hardware that's available on the shelf
of any local computer shops?

This will be my 3rd router in roughly 7 or so years. Do they just build crap
consumer level routers or have I just been unlucky?

Thanks,
Rob