[mdlug] Printing a lousy #$%^&* envelope.

Michael S. Mikowski z_mikowski at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 02:17:54 EDT 2009

Ran into this today with my wife, who was getting frustrated.

She was trying to create an envelope use the 'insert envelope' option in
writer.  This proved buggy.  This on an hp6310, which has excellent support in
Linux (which is why I bought it!)

Here is what worked for OOo 2.4.  YMMV:
0. Skip 'insert envelope'.  Simply create a new document.

1. Pick format->page->page tab and under Format pick Env. #10, choose
Landscape orientation.

2. Fill in your envelope

3. Print envelope.  In the printing dialog, click on 'Properties', and:
x paper size should show Env. #10
x leave orientation as protrait
x leave duplex as off
! On Paper Tray, pick envelope feeder.

Press ok and print.  Hopefully this will work for you!

Cheers, Mike