[mdlug] Cheap laptop?

Peter Bart peter at petertheplumber.net
Sun Mar 15 16:40:14 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 16:28 -0400, Peter Bart wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 15:17 -0500, Drew wrote:
> > I'm looking at an ad in today's ABC Warehouse weekly that claims that
> > they're selling HP Notebook
> > computers (HPG70250US/34099) for $50. Yes, there is a single zero
> > after the five. There does not
> > appear to be any fine print saying anything like "per month" or "with
> > purchase of an uber-expensive
> > per-month service for several years". It's listed with a 17 inch
> > screen, and Lightscribe (which implies
> > a DVD burner).
> >
> > The downsides: It only has a "320mb" hard drive; and it has Windows Vista.
> >

> 	If you have a paper copy, can I have it after you're done with it?
> ABC's website lists that notebook for $679 After $50.00 Mail-In Rebate.
> I'd buy several at that price!!!
>
> <http://www.abcwarehouse.com/search.asp~searchstring~34099~count~1>
>
> <http://www.abcwarehouse.com/search.asp~searchstring~HPG70250US~count~1>

	It is in fact as Drew stated. It's a typo, either on purpose or
accident. The paper lists the model number and MB instead of GB for the
hard drive. I'd like to see Vista run on that one! The price is listed
in the paper as $50, no limit or restrictions. I'm going to try, but I
can allready tell you what they'll say........

Best Regards,

--
Peter Bart <peter at petertheplumber.net>
Peter The Plumber