[mdlug] "Linux Format" March issue available for download

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 09:06:01 EST 2009

Paul wrote:
> Michael Corral <micorral at comcast.net>, on Wed Mar 04, 2009 [01:29:29 AM] said:
>> 2009-03-03, Monsieur Michael Rudas a ecrit:
>>> The magazine is in PDF format and the DVD is available as an ISO; both
>>> are torrents.
>>>
>>> <http://www.tuxradar.com/content/linux-format-free-download-24-hours-only>
>> Heh, they put "Linux Format" in a zip file (linux_format_116.zip)!
>> Zip doesn't strike me as the most Linux-y of archive formats. :)
>>
>> Michael
>
> 	Hi;
>
> 	No doubt! No one would want to associate Linux with the likes
> of Java JAR files, python .egg files, silverlight and that ilk. And
> then there are ODF files, google earth, and mozilla firefox add-ons...
> WAIT!@#
>
> Paul
> set at pobox.com
>
> ps. its all about CPIO...

25 1/2 years of using *nix, including over a decade as a sysadmin
and systems engineer, and I've never once used cpio....

Probably because with tar, the file catalog is contained within
the tar file, whereas a cpio archive requires that all files
added to the archive be maintained in a separate list.