[mdlug] Help diagnosing hardware problem

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Wed Jun 17 09:15:44 EDT 2009

Gigagbyte products aren't exactly known for their longterm robustness, it's
within the realm of possibility that the motherboard is on the way out.

There are power supply tests available that allow you to plug the PS
connector into it, without being connected to the MB and it will check all
the voltages and let you know if it is operational or not.

The good thing is, everything is cheap as all hell these days, for
replacement computer parts.

You can pick up a PS, Motherboard, CPU and Ram for under $150 and actually
have quality components.

If you are looking to buy replacement parts, I would like to suggest
checking out Computer Direct on John R just south of 14 Mile, between
Wendy's and Firestone.

They recently had their grand opening and are working towards opening up 6
more locations in SE Michigan and then plan on expanding across the state.
The more stores they open up, the more Michigan workers they can put to
work.

-Rob