[mdlug] su Password problem

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Sat Jun 6 19:07:08 EDT 2009

ubuntu 6.06 allows you to boot into a recovery version off of the (is it grub?) menu. With that you get to the shell and can reset the root password with a known value:

passwd root

Then the passwd command will prompt you for the new password (I think twice).

You can then reboot into normal mode and try again.