[mdlug] su Password problem

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 09:18:38 EDT 2009

I have found it.

Somehow, something called iSpell got activated. It seems to be an
on-the-fly spell checker which changes
the color of the text as you're typing it in and as it recognizes
words in its dictionary. To do this it appends
other data to what either the keyboard produces or what the screen
displays. It became apparent when
extra characters started showing up in grub (I activated it for a
quick command reference) and when vi
became uncontrollable (was editing the main menu.lst).

So I found the iSpell control on the lower toolbar, and found a menu
for languages. Setting it on the bottom
selection, "EnglishKeyboard" seems to have turned it off.

su has started accepting my password again.

----

- Drew.