[mdlug] su Password problem

Michael Corral micorral at comcast.net
Fri Jun 5 13:10:13 EDT 2009

2009-06-05, Monsieur Wojtak, Greg a ecrit:
> I'm not sure if SuSE is configured the same way, but on Red Hat and
> derivatives, the file /etc/pam.d/su controls the PAM configuration for
> su.  Perhaps that file somehow got corrupted?

That would be my guess too.
For comparison, here is the /etc/pam.d/su file on Fedora, between the
dashed lines. It may work for Suse:
#%PAM-1.0
auth            sufficient      pam_rootok.so
auth            include         system-auth
account         sufficient      pam_succeed_if.so uid = 0 use_uid quiet
account         include         system-auth
password        include         system-auth
session         include         system-auth
session         optional        pam_xauth.so