[mdlug] Lemonade on laptop erases hard drive?

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Thu Jun 4 10:16:45 EDT 2009

David Lee Lambert wrote:
> I don't have any other computers with SATA adapters;  but if I did (say if I got a USB-SATA adapter for my Ubuntu box, or for another Windows XP system I might have access to),  how likely would I be to be able to recover files from that disk?  What other tools would I want to use?
>
> The bright side here is that I might just repartition the drive and install Linux,  rather that trying to activate the recovery-partition and reinstall Windows.

If the drive spins you should be about to recover.  Lemonade, nasty.

A tool that is well worth having is an everything drive adapter for USB
SATA IDE and narrow IDE.  It turns anything into an external drive.
they can be had for 10 bucks and up, and needs to be in your toolbox,
they are just that handy.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org