[mdlug] Moving to Debian 64bit - Lessons Learned?

Stan Green Stan at mcomputersolutions.com
Fri Jul 31 07:02:42 EDT 2009

I am going to attempt to move my main desktop PC to Debian 5.0.2 64bit. (I'm
doing it on a different PC, so I can keep my current one running until I have
the new one running correctly.)  This is my first attempt at a 64bit Linux
install. Are there any lessons others have learned from making this switch or
with Debian 64bit? Has anyone had success/failure with VMWare Workstation 5.5
in this configuration?

FYI: My main reason to go to 64bit is to be able to access more than 3gb of
memory. Running VMWare can quickly chew up memory.

Thanks,
Stan