[mdlug] how would you teach a class?

Dean Durant mdlug at wowway.com
Wed Jul 8 17:18:23 EDT 2009

Hello, I have a coworker who has asked me, how would I teach an intro class on linux. He thinks he can get some students together who would like to learn linux.

At first I thought I would have the time and the motivation to really get involved with something like this but now I'm not so sure.

He came up with a "linux bible" 2009 ISBN: 0470373679 (by: Christopher Negus)
I don't know that something so general, or new, would be needed, what do people think?

I think we, or he, would really need an instructor too, I think this would be like a volunteer type of thing, although there is maybe some small chance of some payment. He says he has a location.

I made a commitment to at least ask this group.

thanks