[mdlug] SEMCO Linux install fest 2 weeks from this Sunday

Raymond McLaughlin driveray at ameritech.net
Fri Jan 23 14:00:25 EST 2009

MDLUGers:
The SouthEastern Michigan Computer Organization <http://www.semco.org/>
will be having their first ever Linux install-fest for their members at
their Sunday Feb 8 2009 meeting. I have volunteered to help co-ordinate
this event, and we are calling for Linux literate people to help out.

SEMCO has largely been a Windows oriented computer club, but their
interests are fairly wide ranging and several members currently use
Linux, at least part time. SEMCO has several special interest groups
(sigs) and there is some talk of organizing a Linux sig.

SEMCO meets in an auditorium area on the campus of Arvin Meritor complex
at 2135 W. Maple Road, in Troy. This is on the South side of Maple Rd.
East of Coolidge, and West of Crooks. Parking is on the East side of the
building, so you will need to enter off Maplelawn Drive. As Guests at
Arvin Meritor we are required to sign in and wear name badges. First
time visitors will need to arrive about 20 minutes early and get a badge
at the security office prior to entering the meeting area. I have heard
that they now want to see you driver's license to get a badge, so be warned.

Notice that SEMCO meets on the second Sunday of each month. This is
usually the day following the second Saturday of the month, except in
months that begin on Sunday, such as this coming February. So MDLUG
members will not have an entire weekend obliterated with meetings by
participating.

Anyone who thinks they might be able to help out are requested to
contact <mailto:president at mdlug.org> Please include SEMCO in the subject
line.

Thanks
Raymond McLaughlin