[mdlug] Suggestions for games for an elderly parent? Starcraft

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 16:18:26 EST 2009

David Lane wrote:
> I would agree.  When I can walk in to Best Buy, MicroCenter, or even
> Target and Buy a Linux Game I know We have made progress.

That will be even MORE progress than we have now.

5 years ago, were ANY of the first-person-shooter vendors
releasing ANYTHING for Linux?  The FPS game publishers are
proving to the rest of the industry that it's worth the
cost of releasing Linux versions (and I wouldn't be surprised
if doing things in a platform-neutral way as much as possible
to keep porting costs down is improving their code internals).

I actually did buy some Loki-ported software at Microcenter.
I had been playing RRT2 on Windows, and found the Gold Release
for Linux.  The Platinum release just had some more scenario
files, so I copied those from my Platinum (windows) disk to
my Linux installation, and everything was peachy.

Unfortunately, the executables couldn't handle the
2.4 -> 2.6 kernel upgrade.