[mdlug] Dual 4 core systems And SUSE

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Jan 16 18:33:56 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 01:16:19PM -0800, David Lane wrote:
> This might be a silly question.
>
> I may be working ob a project with a dual 4 core cpu system.
>
> Will there be a problen loading OpenSUSE on a Dual 4-core CPU system?

Any recent version of OpenSUSE will support multicore systems.  In
fact, it's probably the least problematic pieces of hardware in the
system you'd need to worry about.  You do need to choose between 32
and 64-bit versions of the OS, however, but that depends on what you
plan on using the system for.