[mdlug] iptables l7 filter

Dan Pritts danno at umich.edu
Thu Jan 15 22:09:09 EST 2009

based on my look at the l7 pages, i agree that it can probably do
what you want.  You'll have to jump to the a chain that uses  REDIRECT
to spooge it over to the intended destination port.

I think this is probably possible, but you will need to grok how the
packets flow through iptables to make sure it will work.
  http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/PacketFlow.png

for other things, I'd poke around to see if any of the apache proxy
modules can handle proxying rtsp - you never know.

it also would appear that you can run rtsp over http:
 http://stackoverflow.com/questions/259038/rtsp-over-http-over-a-proxy

of course, is rtsp actually carrying the content?  I thought that
it just handled signalling, and a separate connection was used to
stream the data.  In which case, you've got a lot bigger problem
than getting rtsp through a firewall...