[mdlug] KDE 4

Jim Broughton jbroughton at twmi.rr.com
Tue Jan 13 20:31:40 EST 2009

  I will chip in on this. I have always had to many problems with trying the
upgrade in place thing. It is always better to blow away your previous
installation and start clean. I do this with every NEW version of
Slackware that warrants installation. About every 2 version changes
for me. Then I upgrade. It's why I keep the home directory on a separate
partition. No hassles with my files. Some security upgrades however are
handled on an is that upgrade really necessary basis. Things that relate to
network security and network functionality are put in immediately.
  The nice thing about Slackware is that  source code packages are available
for at least the last 5 or 6 major versions. Don't like something
then take it out and go build the version you like with the automatic build
scripts. This is exactly what I will do with KDE/Qt if it appears to be
necessary.

Jim