[mdlug] A plan to digitize health care - My Apology

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Mon Jan 12 20:29:08 EST 2009

First, I wish to apologize to all.  I had no intent to harm.  I was frustrated with what I regard as political over promising. I didn't want to politicize this interesting topic. I do not wish to be politically incorrect. The play on words that I made was rash and not well thought out. I didn't even realize that there was a racially charged interpretation involved.  I over simplistically was attempting to make a reference to suggest a "behind" or rear-end. The image that a black person is verbally challenged and makes stereotypical mumblings was an unfortunate unintended similarity to my word choice.

Second, I'm pleasantly surprised at the reaction. I didn't know that we had so many people who take an interest in this mailing list.  I'm happy that the issue was handled in such a mature and well thought-out way by many.

Third, it is an interesting topic.  I just wonder if we can find a way to express our thought on this type of thing without embroiling ourselves in political bashing.

I'm proud to be a part of this community and I am committed to ensure that all are welcome and comfortable here.