[mdlug] Obahma plan to digitize health care

Garry Stahl tesral at comcast.net
Mon Jan 12 15:32:55 EST 2009

Aaron Kulkis wrote:
> And in the military, I would like to see the same thing
> with regards to marksmanship, including placement of
> each shot -- but I don't see it happening any time soon.
> Component technology hasn't reached the required level
> for my idea to work yet.

I think a digital record is more achievable than every round counting
anytime soon.  Frankly, more desirable.

Shove a decent software out and it can start tomorrow.  The problem with
the plan is legacy records.  Legacy patients like myself with 50 years
and more of medical records.  All that has to be digitized too.  The
problem is it is not productive.  Hospitals would be faced with either
hiring three nurses or five data entry types.  The latter do not do
patient care.

I agree there will be money to be made in such a move.  The question is
who ends up footing the bill?

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org