[mdlug] Ohbmy-behindma plan to digitize health care

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 09:32:32 EST 2009

R. Kannan wrote:
> And from which part of the article did 'gib' deduce that we will be hiring people in India to do the work for us'.

Because that's the behavior of CIO's... outsource everything
possible to India -- no matter how many failures accrue,
resulting in money down the drain, it "costs less" to
have send a project to India and meet its doom than to
have it succeed in the U.S.

Now, of course, the question is whether the first goal is cost
containment, or having projects get completed successfully.

Only in IT trade mags will you see stories of the following
structure:
	We had a problem
	We came up with cost-cutting a solution [send it to India].
	Our solution failed
	We're going to bang our head on the brick wall and do it again!

We really need to lobby for a tax on offshoring of work and
services in any sector with a high unemployment rate.