[mdlug] Bug finally fixed. Hehehe

Wolfger wolfger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 08:39:53 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 9:20 PM, Michael Mikowski <z_mikowski at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have used KDE since pre 1.0, and am now using 4.2 (beta 2) and am quite impressed.
> Most of the features I missed from 3.5.x in 4.1.3 are back

Did they fix the scaling of desktop wallpapers? I really loved the
"center maxpect" option 3.5 had, but 4.0/4.1 only have center, tiled,
and stretch-to-the-edges-of-the-screen-aspect-ratio-be-damned, and
that sucks. What's the point of a pretty desktop environment if you
ability to wallpaper it is crippled?

> I say give Aaron Seigo a bit of credit for flexibility.  For example, you can now revert to "just
> like windows -- icons everywhere" desktop in KDE 4.2 if you want.

Ha! "Just like Windows"... too funny. It's also "just like Mac", "Just
like Gnome", "just like KDE 3.5", "just like Fluxbox with iDesk", etc.
It's not at all about whether or not you have desktop icons (I keep my
windows desktop as clean as possible, actually), it's about whether or
not you have the ability. Crippling KDE because the lead designer
doesn't like desktop icons is just brainless hubris. I'm glad he saw
the error of his ways.

--
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/

The world is a mess, and I just... need to rule it.