[mdlug] Laptop Hardware issues

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Thu Feb 26 08:06:25 EST 2009

Take it apart and clear the CMOS?

I have had odd behavior from desktop PCs that have cleared up after clearing
the CMOS and going back to the defaults, via unplugging the CMOS battery and
or jumping the clear CMOS jumper. (If available.)

If that doesn't work, then I believe that you should part it out.

(You might also discover, while taking it apart, that there is/was some
damage to the laptop. Possibly leaky capacitors, etc.)

-Rob