[mdlug] SEMCO Linux install-fest redux

Raymond McLaughlin driveray at ameritech.net
Wed Feb 25 01:11:27 EST 2009

md bader wrote:
> I could always use help starting a SEMCO Linux-SIG in Troy
>
> Mike Bader

I surmise that this would meet at for SEMCO's "second session: at 3:45
Sunday. Essentially like the "IBM NOVICE GROUP" described on the SEMCO
home page <http://www.semco.org/>.

Shall we plan for an organizational at the March 8 meeting?

Holding it during the 3:45 session would conflict with Larry Kulp of
Kulp Computers' presentation on "Computer security including a new
Norton product, PC maintenance, and troubleshooting."  While I would
rather do Linux stuff, splitting the group during an outside presenters
talk might seem rude, and deplete his audience size below his "worth
while" threshold.

With this consideration in mind I suggest we might schedule the
Linux-SIG to coincide with Tom Callow's "First look at Windows 7" either
by doing it at 1:45, or seeing if Tom might switch with Larry.

Also  I suggest that this discussion might belong on the MDLUG-Admin
list, to the extent that anyone cares.

Raymond McLaughlin