[mdlug] OT: Comcast rant

Rich Elswick painbank at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 08:21:58 EST 2009

Ya, add Comcast to your own personal 'will not conduct business with' list
and sign up fro Wideopenwest or some other service.  I have had Wideopenwest
for probably 6 years now and almost never had a problem.  About the only
complaint with them I have ever had is when they do a server reboot or
upgrade or some such on their network and don't inform me beforehand they
will be down for a hour or two.

The only way to get companies to listen to us (the customer) in this
democracy of a capitalist market is to vote with your dollars.  My vote will
never be with Comcast (or AT&T / Ameritech).  There are others, but I will
shut the rant down.

I think it is a blocked port. By their terms of service Wideopenwest could
do so as well, but haven't yet.

Good Luck, btw if you do choose to switch, let me know as I could get a
month off payments if you switch and reference me. :)

Rich

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Robert J. Clay <rjclay at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 3:23 AM, Michael S. Mikowski
> <z_mikowski at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Perhaps a blocked port?  If you aren't already, you might want to set up
> your
> > network to accept ssh traffic on a non-standard port.
>
>     That should be considered in any case, if only so that your log
> files don't fill up with script kiddies attempting to log in using the
> standard port...
>

> --
> Robert J. Clay
> rjclay at gmail.com