[mdlug] OT: Comcast rant

Michael S. Mikowski z_mikowski at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 03:23:09 EST 2009

Perhaps a blocked port?  If you aren't already, you might want to set up your
network to accept ssh traffic on a non-standard port.  On the router WTR54G
Linksys router with dd-wrt firmware, I was able to forward a high port (e.g.
3333) to port 22 on the local box.  That way I can use regular ssh at home,
e.g:

ssh myserver.mydomain

And use this command from the coffee shop:

ssh -p3333 <WAN_IP>

Notice that scp is inconsistent and requires a capital P:

scp -P3333 <WAN_IP>:/some/path ./

Hope that helps!

Cheers, Mike