[mdlug] reposync --arch ?

Michael ORourke mrorourke at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 7 14:58:19 EST 2009

Carl,

Well, sort-of.
Running different variations of the following command, does not work.

reposync --arch=x86_64 --repoid=updates --download_path=/var/repo/x86_64

It will pull down updates, but it seems to ignore the "--arch=x86_64"
argument altogether.

Here's what I have done so far.  Created a repo file
"/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base64.repo" with
the "baseurl" pointing to a 64bit RPM repository, like so...

cat /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base64.repo

# CentOS-Base64.repo
#
#released updates
[updates64]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates
#mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=updates
baseurl=http://mirrors.gigenet.com/centos/$releasever/updates/x86_64/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5

Then if I run reposync...

reposync --arch=x86_64 --repoid=updates64 --download_path=/var/repo/x86_64

It seems to work, but it is hard-coded with the "baseurl", which isn't very
flexible.
Yes, I would definetly be interested in seeing your script.

Thanks,
Mike