[mdlug] Plug n' Play Linux

David Lane dcl400m at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 11:55:29 EST 2009

In some shops that is a big issue. Because there is a lot of resestance to Linux.  I have worked an a few shops where even using the "L" word you can get flogged.  I am a programmer I find that it takes time to administer my system, I times it is enjoyable but when I pressed it is a pain. (Not to be bias: In windows some application knocked out Some Visual Studio functionality)

And I have a few Linux GUI Business projects myself.  Instead of tweeking the "system" I would much rather Do what I do, Programming.  If Admin is minimal then I'm on track and What I'm hearing now is that Business managers are worried about support.  What that means is the realoty of when there is a problem is it quickly solved and will it cost an arm and a leg. to intice Windows users to move to Linux is if they have confadance that they wont miss any thing.  That is Ease of use.  I'm hoping we see more.  Though I can download OpenSuse I buy it because Novell Counts their Income and sees where we are buying and funds activity accordingly.

David C. Lane