[mdlug] reposync --arch ?

Michael ORourke mrorourke at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 3 01:50:43 EST 2009

Lug nuts,

I've been putting together a centralized patching server running on CentOS
5.2, and I was tweaking some scripts to automate the downloading of
packages.  I downloaded and installed the latest "reposync" utility, from
the cobbler-1.4.1-1.el5.noarch.rpm.  The server is running an i386 version
of CentOS 5.2, and I can use reposync to sync up the repositories just fine
for i386 packges, but when I specify a different architecture it doesn't
work.

Looking at some of the options for reposync, it looks like you should be
able to specify the architecture on the command line...

<Snipped from reposync --help>
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -c CONFIG, --config=CONFIG
                        config file to use (defaults to /etc/yum.conf)
  -a ARCH, --arch=ARCH  act as if running the specified arch (default:
current
                        arch, note: does not override $releasever)
<Snip>

Example reposync command...
[root at hubble ~]#
reposync --arch=x86_64 --repoid=updates --download_path=/var/repo/centos5.2-x86_64

The above command will run and synchronize packages to the download
directory, but it will only have *.noarch.rpm, *.i386.rpm, and *.i686.rpm
packages.  No *.x86_64.rpm packages will be downloaded.  So my goal is to
synchronize package repositories for multiple architectures on a single
server.  Anyone run into this problem before?  Just curious.

-Mike