[mdlug] Ubuntu Server administration

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 14:56:44 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Michael S.
Mikowski<z_mikowski at yahoo.com> wrote:
> For a command-line Swiss Army Knife, you may want to try Wajig.

Nice utility.  I'm looking for something to answer this question:
given a package, what other packages depend on it?

For example, I discovered that gcc is installed on my system, which is
provided by the gcc package:

$ which gcc | xargs dpkg -S
gcc: /usr/bin/gcc

However, I don't recall instaling the gcc package.  I'm guessing that
some other package that I installed had gcc as a dependency.  The
question is, which package?

I have not installed wajig, yet, but have been looking at the options:

http://www.togaware.com/linux/survivor/Wajig_Overview.html

Regards,
- Robert