[mdlug] Wiki software

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Sat Aug 1 09:17:04 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 07:19:44PM -0400, Michael Rudas wrote:
> Except that Tomboy is dependent on Mono, which is, essentially, a
> Microsoft Trojan horse--and should be avoided like the plague it is.

Mono is an open implementation of the .NET framework.  Microsoft
doesn't own the license on the implementation, they didn't write Mono
or Tomboy.

While I'm not terribly fond of C# or .NET, I don't think that's a
reason to assume all Mono developers are intent on sneaking microsoft
IP into your Free/Open OS.