[mdlug] The DSL and MagicJack thread

Peter Bart peter at petertheplumber.net
Sun Apr 19 17:49:57 EDT 2009

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 13:47:59 -0400
Drew <drew4096 at gmail.com> wrote:

> At 08:58 PM 4/18/09, Peter Bart wrote:
> >On F
> >         It occurs to me, because I've been thinking the same thing.
> > Why not go
> >with a pay as you go cell phone? No long term contract, pay only as
> >much as you use, no need for a notebook, etc.
>

>      The main problem with a pay-as-you-go phone is that a lot of
> minutes get used here. So the
> monthly cost is likely to be higher than the current POTS line. I'll
> look into it again though.

	I thought of that too, right after I sent the message (sigh)

>      Also, DSL would in addition to phone service give a
> reasonable-speed internet connection,
> reducing the current monthly cost at the same time - IF the DSL
> advertizing is honest about
> the price.

	Of course, and that's a bonus. I'm not sure about how the
	pricing is for a dry loop. You can see that all the fees and
	taxes are attached to my phone line, not the dsl. FWIW

Best Regards,
--
Peter The Plumber sm

Sent from a mobile Internet Tablet