[mdlug] Inexpensive printer recommendation

Garry Stahl tesral at comcast.net
Wed Sep 24 14:32:26 EDT 2008

R. Kannan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have any recommendation/disrecommendation on inexpensive usb printers to be shared between Windows Vista, XP and Linux boxes? Inkjet printers are fine. I don't to spend more than $100-150 for inkjet printers that don't last for a long time.

Seriously, buck up and go laser.  I know it is five times the money, but
well worth the cost.  I got my HP ColorLaserJet 3600n for 250 bucks.
Networked, serves Linux and XP boxes runs great.  2.2 cents a page.
Watch for the sales.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org