[mdlug] Linux Enriching Everyday Life Was: Linux Creeping Into Everyday Life

Scott Webster Wood treii28 at yahoo.com
Thu May 22 11:57:55 EDT 2008

looming?  (nah too much like creeping)
emerging? (oh wait, some could say that the larva in Aliens 'emerged' from the guy's gut)
materializing?  (hmmm, might sound too much akin to the philosophies of Kant - nevermind that one)
arising?  (sorta like a sun on a brand new day - oh wait, did I say sun?  Well they run *nix, I suppose that isn't too bad)
which might also bring us to use 'dawning' - too effeminate sounding?
commencing?  (sorta like a graduation as linux comes into it's own!)
appearing?  (sorta like celebrities.  "Special appearance!"  But not your Brittany Spears or Paris Hilton varieties please!)
manifesting!  (Like it's a destiny!!!)

just my $0.02