[mdlug] Latest version of flash player crashes firefox

Jim jbroughton at twmi.rr.com
Sat May 17 21:25:55 EDT 2008

Ingles, Raymond wrote:
>> From: Aaron Kulkis
>>

>> I'm seeing no problems with Mozilla seamonkey 1.1.9 32-bit nor
>> Konqueror 3.5.7 (64-bit)
>>

>  I, too, haven't had any problems. Of course, I have flashblock and
> mostly only use flash for YouTube and suchlike videos...
>
>  Sincerely,
>
>  Ray Ingles                                              (313) 227-2317

   I too have flashblock installed and active. I also have script
blocking active as well.
Flash video's cause the problem whether or not those are
removed/disabled/bypassed.
I have not tried turning off tabs and going with opening new windows because
I am a tab fanatic and always have at least 6 or 7 open.
I have tried both Slackware's official release and the Mozilla.com
release. Both
exhibit the same "feature". The only thing I have not tried is building
my own
from source to turn on debugging and setting up some sort of trace on
plugin activity.
  The WindowsXP version of course does not have this problem.

Jim