[mdlug] Latest version of flash player crashes firefox

Jim jbroughton at twmi.rr.com
Wed May 14 19:13:36 EDT 2008

R. Kannan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed  firefox 2.0.0.14 recently but the flashplayer was old. When I installed the latest version of flashplayer plugin (9.0) installed, firefox crashes every time I go to website with flash. I had flash-block enabled. I un-installed flash-block but that did not help either. I tried both the rpm and tarred version of the flash-block from the Adobe site. The only option was to remove the plugin from /opt/firefox/plugins.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA for any pointers.

 I too am having some problems with Firefox 2.0.0.14 as well.
The flash video problems have been going on for me since 1.5.
When closing a tab after letting a flash video play or trying to
play another flash video in the same tab  Firefox locks up tight.
Only resolution is to let KDE or X windows kill it outright.
Hence no bug report gets sent. :(
  Now I'm having an additional problem where Firefox locks
up or does disappearing app crash when I want to save a jpg file or
even a web page this did not start happening until 2.0.0.14.
  Running Slackware 11.0 and KDE 3.5.