[mdlug] Is ATT Playing Traffic Cop??

Dave Arbogast mdlug3 at arb.net
Mon Mar 31 19:44:55 EDT 2008

Hi Mikey, you might want to shop around...  I was a Speakeasy DSL
customer for years... Then last year I took the Bait and Switch for
Comcast Commercial internet (falsely claimed 10m down and 256k up) . I
quickly found they were traffic shaping my traffic to Vonage. Their
boarder routers would add latency of up to 3 seconds to my little 8kps
packets to vonage and flat out drop a large under of  packets to vonage.
Customer support was always "the solution is to buy our internet phone
service." I dumped them and moved 2 blocks, but they kept billing me
until the bill hit $505 for service I did not have and I filed a
complaint with the MPSC....

Then I shopped Covad resellers and found DSL had gone to 6m down and
786k up for less than I was paying for 1.5m down and 384k up.  WOW !!!!
Speakeasy is a Covad reseller and they never mentioned my service could
be many times faster for less money.

-dave