[mdlug] daily(weekly) mail

Robert Meier list1c30fe42 at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 29 21:23:35 EDT 2008

Editors,

I'm looking to send mail periodically (weekly?) to a small (<20) group.
I'm looking to learn if anyone knows any existing tools to help.
The required features include:
    o queueing of unapproved submissions by mail
    o easy ability to view and approve/reject submissions
    o moderator notification (by mail) of submissions
    o ability of moderator to schedule mail for future transmission (typ. +1wk)
    o unattended transmission of approved mail at scheduled time (+/- 1hr)
    o warning to moderator if there is no mail scheduled (e.g. for next week)

For the near term, a single mail group (managed elsewhere) will be the
sole recipient.
Later the ability of receivers to add/remove themselves mail list style
would be useful.

My understanding is that majordomo could handle part of the requirements,
but not scheduling of individual mail,
nor warning of schedule gaps.

Before writing my own cronjobs,
I was hoping there might be existing tools for this task.

TIA,
--
Bob

  "An engineer reports to the gates of hell and is let in.
   Pretty soon the engineer gets dissatisfied with the level of comfort
   in hell, and starts designing and building improvements.
   After a while they've got air conditioning and flush toilets and
   escalators, and the engineer is a pretty popular guy.
   One day God calls Satan on the telephone and says with a sneer,
   'So, how's it going down there in hell?'
   Satan replies, 'Hey, things are going great.
   We've  got air conditioning and flush toilets and escalators, and
   there's no telling what this engineer is going to come up with next.'
   God replies, 'What??? You've got an engineer?
   That's a mistake -- he should never have gone down there;
   send him up here.'
   Satan says, 'No way. I like having an engineer on the staff,
   and I'm keeping him.'
   God says, 'Send him back up here or I'll sue.'
   Satan laughs uproariously and answers, 'Yeah, right.
   And  just where are YOU going to get a lawyer?'"
	-- unknown