[mdlug] nvidia fx 3700 800x600 only?

Dean Durant mdlug at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 27 20:49:19 EDT 2008

Hello, does anyone have any experience with this card, nvidia quadro fx 3700?

 nividia apparently has a universal driver for all or many of their video cards for linux.      This is Redhat EL 4 Update 6, an HP workstation.   It came preconfigured with 64 bit XP on it, and I was able to test the graphics card.   It did like 1920x1600 or something like that.   512 MB ram.

 HP even has a driver for it.   I downloaded the driver, and finally got it to work (after too much struggle).     The driver seems to install OK.    But I only get 800x600, no higher.   Is there something else I have to do?     Probably modify, what is it, the X11.conf, or Xserv.conf?   Is there a howto for that?

 Does anyone have any experience with this card?   How about nvidia in general?     Thanks, Dean