[mdlug] local data recovery service

Peter Bart peter at petertheplumber.net
Wed Mar 12 21:17:33 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 15:57 -0400, Novak, Louis (L.M.) wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>
> Anyone have any experience or recommendations on a local data
> recovery service for a failed drive?
>
> more (or less) 'lack of backup admonishments' > /dev/null
>
> Thanks in advance,

Louis,
	I'm not sure this is what you're looking for because you said service,
but here it is FWIW. If the drive is in a box with a bootable cd drive
any live cd might let you access the the files on the failed drive. From
there you can scp, rsync, cp, etc. If that doesn/t work something like
Parted Magic
<http://partedmagic.com/wiki/PartedMagic.php?n=Main.PartedMagic> has
testdisk and several other recovery tools. Possibly something like Super
Grub Disk <http://www.supergrubdisk.org/index.php>?

Good Luck

--
Peter Bart <peter at petertheplumber.net>