[mdlug] Well, shucks - motherboard/CPU advice needed

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Wed Mar 12 07:48:40 EDT 2008

> From: Aaron Kulkis
> 1 SATA plug controls one SATA drive.

 Kinda what I thought. Oh, well, not a huge deal.

> The price is probably higher than what you're looking for,
> but in return, you've got a board which shouldn't become
> obsolescent for quite some time.

 Yeah, but the price is even higher than that, because with no onboard
video I'd need to pick up a PCI Express video card, too. We have four
kids, every penny counts.

 I think I'll price out what it'd take to get a MB w/onboard graphics,
and what it'd take to get a more expandable MB, and see if I can sell the
wife on the higher-priced option. :->

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                                  (313) 227-2317

 "[T]he U.S. film industry, in the midst of the worst box-office slump in
   20 years, looks for possible explanations as to why Americans are not
    flocking to movie theaters. In a totally unrelated development, The
  Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl opens nationwide, to be followed in
 coming months by The Dukes of Hazzard and Deuce Bigalow, European Gigolo."
                             - Dave Barry