[mdlug] Novell -- open source Judas goat?

Raymond McLaughlin driveray at ameritech.net
Tue Jun 17 14:26:53 EDT 2008

Michael Rudas wrote:
> --- Raymond McLaughlin wrote:
>
>> Michael Rudas wrote:
>>> Stories like this make me pretty sure that Novell is nothing more than
>>> a pawn in Microsoft's overall game.  The terms "cat's paw" and "Judas
>>> goat" both seem appropriate...

>>> "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server from Novell Meets U.S. DOD Internet
>>> Protocol Standards"
>>> <http://www.techweb.com/showPressRelease.jhtml?articleID=X702614>
>
>> ????
>> Did you link the wrong article?
>> I read the whole thing and found no mention of MS.
>> Are you suggesting that IPv6 is an MS plot?
>
> It's not necessary for MS's involvement to be visible -- their
> covenant with Novell brings them into the mix through the back door --
> but it DOES bring them in.  The hunter hangs back and lets the goat do
> the work.

Ok. But that's still not any clearer. I suppose that if you have Novel
pegged as an Evil Company, then any story about them is about an Evil
Company.

Is there any action or activity mentioned in the linked article that you
find questionable, or is it simply the mention of Novel (and by
extension MS)?