[mdlug] Lenovo intel vs thinkpad wireless lwith inux

Bill jr6180 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 1 11:49:38 EDT 2008

Pat

I have heard that the Intel cards are native in linux distros so I would use them
over any other card out there.

Bill

- <otakurider at gmail.com> wrote: Lenovo wireless card question

I am in the process of buying a think pad T61 from Lenovo.  I am wondering
of problems people have run into with Linux (ubuntu or Fedora) with the
wireless cards.

Intel Pro/Wireless 3945 ABG vs Think pad 11a/b/g Wi-fi wireless options for
the T61.  I don't want to run the wrappers if passable.

 I am used Linux host for vmware so that will be the only big issue.

Any tips on what wifi card to get with it and why.

Also has anyone been using the T61 with linux for some usage tips.

Thanks

Pat.