[mdlug] OT - Mysterious wireless outage

Peter Bart peter at petertheplumber.net
Mon Jul 28 12:46:20 EDT 2008

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:00:16 -0400
"Ingles, Raymond" <Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com> wrote:

> > From: R Kannan
>
> > Just wanted to update the group on my findings. It was indeed the
> > Microwave oven being turned on in that time frame. Moving
> > away from the source and closer to the router solved the problem.
>
>  My new PS3's wifi doesn't seem to work too well in the evenings.
> I've moved my net to an unused channel, my laptop can always connect
> okay even in the same room, but after about 6pm the PS3 just can't
> seem to hook up to my WAP. Next morning, no problem. I don't think my
> neighbors are microwaving *that* much...
>
>  Sincerely,
>
>  Ray

   If I remember correctly you live in a faraday cage. Could this have
something to do with your problem? Also, it's not unusual to experience
more interference towards the evening. Whether it's solar, a
combination of the neighbors polluting the airwaves with their various
wireless gadgets, and the odd et phoning home.

Best Regards,

--
Peter The Plumber on the Road