[mdlug] OT - Mysterious wireless outage

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Mon Jul 28 10:00:16 EDT 2008

> From: R Kannan

> Just wanted to update the group on my findings. It was indeed the
> Microwave oven being turned on in that time frame. Moving
> away from the source and closer to the router solved the problem.

 My new PS3's wifi doesn't seem to work too well in the evenings. I've moved
my net to an unused channel, my laptop can always connect okay even in the
same room, but after about 6pm the PS3 just can't seem to hook up to my WAP.
Next morning, no problem. I don't think my neighbors are microwaving *that*
much...

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                     (313) 227-2317

                 Two rules for success in life:
           1. Don't tell people everything you know.