[mdlug] Create an XFS file system in freespace

R. Kannan rkannan at peoplepc.com
Thu Jul 17 18:48:16 EDT 2008

Thanks to all those who replied. I successfully created the file system. BTW I noticed two things

1) I could not see the device file  /dev/sda10 after cfdisk on SuSE10.1 till I rebooted after creating the partition using cfdisk

2) '-c' is not a valid option on mkfs.xfs (at least according to the man pages).