[mdlug] Create an XFS file system in freespace

R. Kannan rkannan at peoplepc.com
Wed Jul 16 21:44:16 EDT 2008

Hello,

I want to create an XFS in the freespace available on my hard drive for storing MPEG video files created by MythTV. Apparently MythTV does not work well with ReiserFS (Ver3) that I have. If I understand correctly to do this, I have to

1) Create a partition using 'cfdisk'. But cfdisk presents a lot of file system types (default is Linux? type 82) but not XFS. Which one do I choose?

2) Create a file system using 'mkfs -t xfs /dev/sda10' Are there any options that I should use?

Thanks

Raj K