[mdlug] good distro for openssl, squid, and citrix?

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Thu Jul 10 17:31:16 EDT 2008

Dean Durant wrote:
> Hello, can anyone recommend a good distro for openssl?    My understanding
> is that redhat is not so good.    Openssl pre-installed would be fine, but
> I also don't mind downloading a tarball, running configure, make, and make
> install, or other type instructions.

Why do you say Red Hat is not so good?  If the only issue is
that the openssl headers are missing, take a look at this:

http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_35_5802.shtm

I'm just wondering because I use Red Hat and CentOS, and I
haven't run into any issues...other than certificates from
a CA that didn't work on some versions of IE.  I haven't
taken the time to see if it was a problem with my configuration
or if it was a glitch with Red Hat.