[mdlug] scanners

Michael S. Mikowski z_mikowski at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 15:55:06 EST 2008

Agreed -- HP has excellent support.  I have a HP OfficeJet 6310, which
include memory card input, network printing, fax, scan, network scan,
etc.  Everything works out of the box on Kubuntu 7.10.  Even print to
fax appears to work (although I haven't verified, since I don't have a
phone line attached).

On Thursday 24 January 2008, Ingles, Raymond wrote:
> > From: Kristian Erik Hermansen
> >
> > Look for products under the 'Complete' support option (176
> > items)... http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html
>
>  Yup. Supporting manufacturers that make Linux drivers possible, with
> either specs or code, is a good thing. We've been entirely happy with
> our HP printer/scanner/copier thingie, a PCS 3200xi.
>
>  Sincerely,
>
>  Ray Ingles                                            (313) 227-2317
>
>  "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright
> The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee
> only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you
> are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy
> or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error
> please notify us immediately and then destroy it.

Mike
www.dynaorg.com