[mdlug] Interesting information about Windows "7"

Aaron Kulkis akulkis3 at hotpop.com
Thu Jan 24 00:31:58 EST 2008

Dave Arbogast wrote:

> Jeff Hanson wrote:
>
>> Even their humanitarian marketing adds to those costs:
>> http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20/2008/01/22/windows-xp-takes-linux-away-from-our-children/
>>
>> We shouldn't be too passive because this year is a rare opportunity.
>>
> Yes, I find it interesting MS is picking up a path Apple abandoned a few
> years back... When was the last time you were in a school that did not
> shun anything non-MS ?  This when the very school was all Mac only a few
> years before.

The move from Mac to Windows was forced by economics, and they
never did cultivate much educational software which would have
secured the K-12 niche.

Windows to Linux will be forced by the same economic forces,
as parents are increasingly scrutinizing the dysfunctional
school boards which want higher and higher millages for
increasingly pathetic performance, and more and more children
are moved to private and charter schools which historically
are much more rational in their purchases.